Spring has sprung

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 |

Spring has sprung. The past few days have been sunny, warm, and glorious. Sunday, after going into town for breakfast and gelato, Stephen and I went hiking along the city wall. Most of it was only 4 or 5 feet wide on dilapidated rock with at least a 20 foot drop on either side... probably not the best of ideas, but i'm young and invincible, so it doesn't matter. Also, I got some great photos out of it. After lounging out in the sun a bit, we went and played our weekly soccer game and ran ourselves ragged in what felt like sweltering heat (even though I'm sure it couldn't have been over 65).

Today was just as good. After waking up at 9 to do some preparation for our next lesson in the schools, I went into town for lunch. I ended up staying down in town and reading for an hour or so, finally finishing On the Road after dragging it out for an absurd length of time. After reading, I sketched the tops of the Cortonese roofs for another hour, then came up the hill.

It was too gorgeous to stay inside, though, so I ended up sitting on the wall outside of the Kehoe Center and playing guitar for a while as the sun set.

If the weather stays like this for the rest of the trip, I won't get any work done. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment